Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, December 10, 2007

A Shopping Thing

Okay, so my sister had been gushing on and on about a place called The Flower Factory. She loves all things crafty, as far as home decor goes. She loves that country/shabby/primitive look. So when she was doing her gushing I was doing the customary nodding and "uh-huhing". I am NOT into the crafty look. I like it for other people houses, so don't think it's that I hate that look. But my interior design has/will have a more eclectic, world traveler, modern feel. So, as she was going on and on about this place-I am all but ignoring her, again, with the customary nodding, yada yada yada. Fast forward to 2 months later, my sister-in-law and my best friend decide they want to go. So I half reluctantly decide to go with them. I mostly went thinking I could find a cute ornament or two, and it'd get me out of the house and away from the kids for a few hours. Well lo and behold, this place was amazing. They had crafting supplies; beads, paint, markers, crayons, canvas, ribbon, string, felt, stickers, tools, paintings, artwork, holiday decorations, toys, candy, party supplies, some household goods, silk flowers, I mean-I could go on and on myself, lol. It was SO fun. I bought $50 worth of stuff;stocking stuffers for the kids, a few ornaments, a new thermometer, a few gifts. It was fabulous. I definite;y need to go back, and I definitely need to stop being so snotty to my sister! So if you have a Flower Factory near you,I highly recommend it.I can almost HEAR you all nodding and "uh-huhing", am I right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that over on the west side? I think I've heard of it. No shopping like that for me. I'd never leave the place.
Have a good day!

Michelle said...

I will have to keep my eyes open for that store.

Sara E said...

how funny..... well, it sounds like a fun place to check out........but I don't think we have one here in Phoenix

Blythe said...

That sounds fabulous Rachel! I always love a good deal.. shopping rawks!

 


*blog header credits: glitter vignette-Lisa Whitney / wings-Amanda Roberts / newspaper star-Faith True / background brush-Nancie Janitz Rowe / stitching-Christine Nash / fonts-turbo ripped, verve, and upirpaw