Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, April 9, 2007

Eye boogers, eye boogers, and more eye boogers.

Oh YUCK! 3 of the 4 kiddos have crusty eyes today! Poor things. I woke up to a chorus of "Mom!" They could not open their sweet little eyes. I distinctly remember this from my childhood, though it seems so much more serene in my memory. My mom, gently swabbing my eyes with a cotton ball dipped in salt water, as she gently caressed my face and whispered sftly to me. This morning was FAR from serene! A grumpy 8 year old boy, yhelping and batting away my hands as I tried to administer eye drops, and 2 year old crying, pulling his own eye boogers off and eating them, and a 1 year old squirming and screaming as I try to hold her eyes open without blinding her with my fingernails. MASS hysteria! LOL. BUT, I survived, and they have all been treated. Shew! And it's not even 8:30am! Hopefully the rest of the day goes more smoothly! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awe hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Sandra Holmes Stanton said...

What a funny story! I hope they are all on the mend!

Anonymous said...

Aww I hope everyone is feeling better soon :)

Rachael said...

LOL....... I remember those same tender moments that dont seem to have carried through to my adult life! Hope the kiddos are well soon!

 


*blog header credits: glitter vignette-Lisa Whitney / wings-Amanda Roberts / newspaper star-Faith True / background brush-Nancie Janitz Rowe / stitching-Christine Nash / fonts-turbo ripped, verve, and upirpaw