Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Dancing on the ceiling...

Well, not exactly the ceiling, but I did go out with hubby and friends last night. It felt great. I've been feeling like a mommy zombie lately. Like my only purpose in life is to wipe snotty noses, clean up toys, and fix snacks. I'm sure a lot of moms can relate. We sometimes lose our identities as women. Add in the fact that I run a small daycare in my home, and have 4 kids, and rarely leave my house, and you'll understand the zombie reference!

I love dancing, just good old fashioned booty shaking. It always renews my spirits, and it doesn't hurt that I got to actually get dressed up in my new velvet jacket and suede knee high boots that I got for Christmas...and...oh you will not believe it...I actually got to do my hair and wear makeup! Really. No joke. It felt great to feel like a woman, and mot just a mom and wife. And, personally, for me, there is no mood that can't be brightened by some booty shaking. Add in a few beers, some great friends, and a good beat, and you have yourself an evening!

Now that spirit feels renewed. I'll share a layout I made yesterday, BEFORE I was renewed...I was feeling very low and sad./ It was done as a scraplift challenge from Lifts With a Twist and was a scraplift of a LO done by the extremely talented, Anna, at DST. so here it is:

Behind These Eyes...

Credits:
BG paper is by Mary Ann Buchanan(Maybeyousee), from a paper pack called Skater Grunge.
Red felt heart, red velveteen trim, and red heart bead is from All You Need is Love by Michelle Coleman.
Red pinned ribbon is by Natalie Braxton.
Red glitter heart and wings(both recolored) are by the fantabulous Amanda Roberts, a blog freebie called Crushin'!
Glitter heart, newspaper heart trim, newspaper alpha, brown string, and staples are all by Faith True, from Valentines Odds and Ends, and Hot Cocoa.
Lace overlay on the photo is from a brush by FallN at devianart.
Paint strokes by Nancie Janitz Rowe.
Fonts are wooden nickel, vadim's handwriting, and turbo ripped.

7 comments:

Petra said...

Sounds like you had a great dance last night! yeah, always good to really feel like a woman, all dressed up!!
Love your LO, the blue with all the red elements look fantastic!!

Have a great sunday!

Heather Heinzer said...

Love the layout! Good to hear you were able to go out and have some fun last night!

ymA said...

Awesome LO! I love everything about it.

ymA said...

Awesome LO! I love everything about it.

Paula May said...

That's awesome that you had such a nice night out dancing. I love dancing too, its good for the soul. That's a beautiful scrap, I love it!

Alissa said...

Yes, I can especially relate to the mommy zombie after being snowed in for several days this week! Glad you got out of the house and had a good time!

bloggerme said...

Aw, I recognize a lot of me in your post. I sometimes spend my whole day wiping noses, bottoms, fixing food that she won't eat...LOL!!

 


*blog header credits: glitter vignette-Lisa Whitney / wings-Amanda Roberts / newspaper star-Faith True / background brush-Nancie Janitz Rowe / stitching-Christine Nash / fonts-turbo ripped, verve, and upirpaw